Thursday, August 9, 2012

Language of Friendship, Stepped Up Version

Today's card is a stepped-up version of the card I posted Tuesday.  Both cards use the same stamp set, Language of Friendship, and both use the same coordinating Bird Builder and BoHo Blossoms Punches.  However, I stepped-up this card somewhat for our demonstrator meeting Stamp-a-Stack last Saturday.
 
I changed out the Fancy Fan Embossing Folder used in the previous background for my newly-arrived Woodgrain Embossing Folder which I thought would be perfect for the bird!  For the focal image background, instead of the Floral Frames Framelit diecut I used the new Window Frame Framelits (Holiday Catalog) to diecut the Whisper White cardstock.  
Using my clear-mount Daydream Medallions stamp and acrylic block, I then stamped a circle of flowers on the diecut in Daffodil Delight.  The bird and flowers were done the same way as the previous card, the only difference being that we used the medium Pearls from the Basic Pearls package for the flower centers.
With just a few simple changes and using a different embossing folder and framelit, you can step up a design easily.  I really like the deep texture of the Woodgrain Embossing Folder and the classic shape of the new Window Frame Framelits!!  So glad Stampin' Up! came out with these! 

You can purchase these and/or any other Stampin' Up! products from my secure online Stampin' Up! store HERE using Mastercard, Discover or Visa, and they will be shipped directly to your door from Stampin' Up!

Thanks for visiting today!  I'll have more for tomorrow!

Margaret
Language of Friendship    wood or clear  Catalog pg. 74

Bird Builder Punch     $16.95     Catalog pg. 185
BoHo Blossoms Punch     $16.95     Catalog pg. 18

Window Frame Framelits set of 6   #129021,  $26.95

1 comment:

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Thanks Margaret for sharing this inspiring and cheerful Window Frame card. I just got the dies and was trying to come of with some ideas. Thanks for the help.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...