Sunday, October 7, 2012

Daydream Medallions & Floral Frames I

I had lots of fun creating some samples this past week for a presentation I gave to our Stampin' Up! demonstrators group on Saturday using the Floral Frames Framelits and the Daydream Medallions duo.  This is the first of several samples I made that I'll be posting here in the coming days.  

I thought the Stampin' Royalty Color Challenge this week of Tangerine Tango, Rose Red and Whisper White was just perfect for this flower-shaped card and I'm really happy with the way it turned out.  I love how these colors play off each other.

I cut two Tangerine Tango flowers with the largest Framelit, scored one at the base of the top two petals and then adhered that portion to the second Tangerine flower, which had been run through the Big Shot with the new Lace Brocade Embossing Folder.  This forms the front and back of the card and enables it to stand.

The next flower, Rose Red cardstock stamped in the same color with the Medallion stamp, was added to the Tangerine with Dimensionals.
The next two flowers were stamped on Whisper White cardstock and layered, then topped with a Rose Red flower cut with the Floral Fusion Sizzlit (#115969), a clear Designer Vintage Faceted Button (#127555) then centered with a Rhinestone jewel (#119246).  All these layers add up to great dimension on this card!
 The final touch was a greeting banner stamped with Happy Birthday from one of my faves, the Curly Cute set (#120510).

I'll be posting more of my samples in the next days so I hope you'll visit again soon!   

You may purchase these and any other Stampin' Up! products from my secure Stampin' Up! website HERE.

Warmly,
Margaret
Daydream Medallions Stamp Set      wood #126465  $36.95     clear: #126467  $26.95
Floral Frames Framelits   #127012   $26.95
Curly Cute stamp set   wood #117014  $19.95     clear #120510  $14.95

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...