Sunday, September 1, 2013

Fabulous Florets Get Well

I have a quick card for you today using the Acrylic Block Stamping technique.  This is one of my favorite techniques as it is quick, colorful and lends itself to any number of variations!



I made a leaf card using this technique and these colors recently HERE;  I also gave directions for the colored panel stamped with the large acrylic block "I" and all the colors used on that blog post, which I also used on this card.  This time I used line art images from the Fabulous Florets and Secret Garden (pointy petal flower) sets instead of leaves.  The nice thing about these backgrounds is that you can make a number of them up and then stamp them with your chosen images when you need a card to send.


I centered each flower with a Basic Rhinestone which I had tinted yellow with a Sharpie marker.  The sentiment is from the Annual Catalog Hostess set Express Yourself.  This is a great set of twelve very useable expressions which is only available to a hostess or to a person who makes an their own separate order of $150.   It is stamped with Rich Razzleberry onto Very Vanilla cardstock;  the tiny scallop edge is cardstock punched with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch and adhered underneath.  The card base is Old Olive.

This is a pretty simple and quick card; I like the bright and cheery colors so thought it would be good to send a friend who has been sick in hopes of cheering her up!

Enjoy!  Thanks for visiting today, and... Happy September!! 

Margaret

3 comments:

Sue Duffy said...

Love it,Margaret - always do! TFS

barb hendrickson said...

Very pretty, Margaret!

barb hendrickson said...

Very pretty card and great technique!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...