Thursday, May 1, 2014

Flower Shop in Daffodil CCMC301

Today we have a great sketch over at Create with Connie and Mary!  I just love these two flower sets and coordinating punches, Flower Shop and Petite Petals!  Besides, it's May Day today so I have some flowers for you!

I chose a fresh-looking color palette of Daffodil Delight, Black and White and adore this polka dot paper in the background!  It is layered on black then a white card base. 


I chose the Labels Collection Framelit for the background shape in black then embossed it with VersaMark and white embossing powder.  Before I adhered it, I punched a strip of black with the Dotted Scallop Border Punch then laid a strip of the polka dots DSP on top for that design element of the sketch.

 
The white flower is made up of two layers punched with the Pansy Punch and one punched with the Petite Petals Punch.  This is centered with a Simply Pressed Clay flower which I "painted" with my AquaPainter and ink refill.  Pearls added to the centers of the other flowers are the final touch.


Stamps:  Flower Shop, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  VersaMark, Black Staz-On, Daffodil Delight Ink Refill
Paper:  Polka Dot Parade DSP; Whisper White, Basic Black cardstocks
Accessories:  White Embossing Powder, Basic Pearls, Simply Pressed Clay and Flower Mold, AquaPainter, Dotted Scallop Border Punch, Big Shot, Labels Framelits, Magnetic Platform for Big Shot, Heat Tool.

Here is the lovely sketch for CCMC301; it is square but I opted for a standard rectangular card this time.

Be sure to visit www.Create with Connie and Mary.com to see the cards from the other Design Team members-- I look forward each week to see their beautiful creations!  I'm always inspired by them and bet you will be too!  

How about you?  Will you take the challenge?  We would love to see what you make with this sketch!  Guidelines are on the Create with Connie and Mary blog!

Thanks for visiting today!  Have a great weekend!

Margaret

8 comments:

Lisa Martz said...

Such a happy card! I love daisies! This reminds me of my mother's flower garden with carefully placed bunches of daisies. Love it!

Deb said...

This is so delightful! I love the way the black just makes everything pop! The clay flower is just a perfect flower center!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Margaret, this is a beautiful card. I love black, white and a pop of color. Great idea to emboss the flowers in white on black!

Unknown said...

What a stunning card! Your color combination is so pretty together. Using the black and white makes the whole card pop!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

I just LOVE your card! I wanted to let you know that I’ve chosen your creation as one of my Weekly Picks and linked back to your blog! Thanks so much for sharing your talent. Kathy at stampsatplay.blogspot.com

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

All of your flowers are totally gorgeous and I really like the color combo you used!

Nicole Tugrul said...

I love your card Margaret! The black and white focal point really stands out beautifully against the Daffodil Delight DSP. And the flower with the yellow molded flower is gorgeous as well!!

Melissa Davies said...

WOW! Totally gorgeous! I love the white stamped on black - so vivid and elegant! The soft yellow clay flower is the perfect little accent to the flower!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...