Sunday, May 25, 2014

Two More Spool Cards!

I have the two other spool cards to share with you today.  These are fun to make and I like that I can use up stamping left-over  and bits that make them unique. If you missed the first spool card, you can see it on yesterday's post by clicking  HERE.



The above card was made with Baked Brown Sugar cardstock, a pattern from the Etcetera DSP for the background and another pattern has the measuring tapes on it.   I can't remember which set has the sentiment in it as I made these a month ago!  I did use the Simply Pressed Clay for the flower which I painted with an ink refill and AquaPainter.  Other accessories are just from leftovers on my table or retired items.


Sahara Sand is the cardstock used for the base of this card and, like the other two cards, I stamped it with the Woodgrain background before decorating.  The same Etcetera DSP is used here as well as the Simply Pressed Clay flowers and some random items on my stamping table + some retired items.


I didn't have any written instructions but here's what I do:

1.  Cut cardstock for base at 3-3/4" x 11" and fold in half.  Stamp the front with the background stamp if desired.
2.  Still folded, place card onto the Envelope Punch Board with the long side snug up against the back ledge and the end at the 1-1/4 line and punch.  Flip over to punch the same side at the other end.  Then punch the opposite side of the card the same way.  Using your personal paper trimmer, cut off the tabs of cardstock between the divots you just punched.
3.  (Optional)  I also rounded the four corners by centering the (top or bottom) edge of the card into the little "tunnel" in the punch of the EPB and punching.
4.  Cut a piece of designer paper 3" square and adhere to center of "spool".  Decorate to your hearts content!

If you're not sure about the directions, just try making one using copy paper and looking at the picture before using your good supplies.  Have fun!  Sorry I didn't take any pictures while making these but I believe you can make one fairly easily!

Enjoy!

Margaret

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...