Saturday, August 2, 2014

Wedding Card / Gift Card Holder

I needed a card for a wedding gift card shower.  I had also been wanting to make one of the gift-card cards with the Envelope Punch Board; this was the perfect opportunity!



I saw a Christmas card that inspired me made by Jackie Bultje.   I used Shimmer White Paper because I love the sheen, the quality and the weight it has for a special occasion card.


This is the inside when the card is opened up; the card is constructed so that the pocket holding the gift card slides up out of the bottom pocket when it is opened.  I used the Watercolor Wonder Washi Tape; it was perfect with the gold and white color scheme.  (The blue card is my SU gift card, and no, that's not the one I gave the bride and groom.  lol!)


This is the side view when opened; this gives a better perspective on how this card is constructed.  It really isn't hard to do even though it might look it.  Just measuring and following instructions.  :  )



One more look at the closed card.  The sentiment both on the front and inside is from the recently retired One in a Million set (I'm hanging onto mine, love it!) and both were cut with a framelit from the Apothecary Accents set.  This card is so shimmery with the paper and all the gold... it didn't even need any Pearls or Rhinestones, although they certainly could have been added if one wished!

Stamps:  One in a Million (retired 2014)
Ink:  Encore Metallic Gold
Paper:  Shimmer White cardstock, Gold Foil Sheet for the hearts and layer behind sentiment.
Accessories:  Envelope Punch Board, Watercolor Wonder Washi Tape, Gold Baker's Twine, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Big Shot, Heart Punch from the Itty Bitty Accents set of 3.

If you haven't made one, you may be wondering where to get the directions.  I could write them down for you but Jackie Topa has a good video with both directions and measurements so I will refer you to her video post here.

Thanks for visiting!  May you have a good day and some time to stamp soon!

Margaret

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...