Saturday, October 11, 2014

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?

Well, it's Saturday so lots of college football games in the U.S. today!  I used my Curvy Keepsake Box Framelit to make these little treat boxes and decorated them for each of our large universities in Oklahoma; both are playing today!


The Oklahoma State University Cowboys are orange, black and white.  The cowboy hat was colored in dark gray (Basic Gray) even though it has a real blue-ish cast in the picture.  Go Pokes!


The University of Oklahoma is the Sooners.  I used Cherry Cobbler which is perfect for their crimson color.  The letters were diecut with the Little Letters Framelits.  Boomer Sooner!

I made both of these so that they can be opened to retrieve the treats inside.  The flap can be carefully lifted over the OU letters to open it; the Cowboy hat was cut out leaving a v-shaped flap on the bottom so it can be inserted down between the top flaps of the box and easily removed.

Other:  Little Letters Framelits, 2.5" Circle Punch, Decorative Dots TIEF, Paper Snips, Personal Paper Trimmer, Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine.  Cowboy hat from the YeeHaw set.

I just love this Curvy Keepsake Box Framelit!  I've seen so many creative ways stampers have decorated this box... it seems the variations are endless!   And the box itself is so easy to make it's ridiculous!

Hope you enjoy your weekend, football or not!  Happy Stamping!

Happy stamping!

Margaret


2 comments:

Chriserendipity said...

Awesome, Margaret! Makes me wish I had one of those Keepsake Box dies right now, as my son is away at College far, far away from home playing football! Very creative! Thanks for sharing!
Chris

Claire Broadwater said...

Margaret, these are just adorable! Even if I don't root for your teams, I love these! Great idea! XX

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...