Thursday, April 23, 2015

World of Dreams - CCMC352

It's time for a color challenge today from Create with Connie and Mary!  We have a lovely trio of colors for our design:  Soft Sky, Wild Wasabi and Basic Gray.  


I chose the set World of Dreams with a sentiment from the Choose Happiness set for my card.  First I took a piece of watercolor paper and added Soft Sky and Wild Wasabi to it using an AquaPainter and ink refills.  After that was dry, I stamped the branch on it with Basic Gray (I had just reinked my BG pad so the ink is rather dark!)  I wrapped Jute Ribbon around the right side and added the sentiment, stamped on Soft Sky and punched out with the Label Bracket punch.

The watercolored paper was layered onto Basic Gray then on Wild Wasabi Designer Paper.  A Soft Sky card is the base behind it all.  

Stamps:  World of Dreams, Choose Happiness
Inks:  Soft Sky, Wild Wasabi, Basic Gray
Paper:   Watercolor Paper, Wild Wasabi Designer Paper (Subtles Paper Stack), Basic Gray and Soft Sky cardstock
Accessories:  Basic Pearls, 1 - 1/4" Jute Ribbon, Label Bracket Punch, AquaPainter, Dimensionals

Here again is the color scheme for CCMC352 this week:  

www.createwithconnieandmary.com

Be sure to check out the cards made by the other designers this week; they always inspire me!  We would love for you join us this week by creating a card with these colors and uploading them on the Create with Connie and Mary website!

Thanks for visiting today!  Happy Stamping!

Margaret 

8 comments:

Connie Babbert said...

So pretty with the watercolored background! I love the dark silhouette on it. Great job with the color challenge this week!

Jenny Engelke said...

I love the watercolored background, Margaret! The sentiment you chose goes so nicely with the birds. Your card turned out lovely!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

I am loving the watercolor trend and this is one reason why. You created a soft and peaceful scene with the given colors. So pretty!

AB. said...

Beautiful! The watercolour background is really lovely! Wonderful card.

Chris Slogar said...

The silhouette of those birds tending their nest is just so peaceful and serene, and your watercolor background suits it perfectly! Great idea with these colors! I love the sentiment you chose and your use of the jute ribbon, too!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I've rediscovered watercolouring this past couple of weeks and your card inspired me to get this stamp out today too! So very pretty and paired with a lovely sentiment that is so fitting for this pair. A lovely card, Margaret!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this! It is beautiful! The silhouette looks perfect on your water coloring. I just got my paper and can't wait to give it a try. :)

Lisa Martz said...

Fantastic watercolor wash background! I love the bird silhouette stamp. Nice job with the challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...