Sunday, August 2, 2015

Floral Wings, Congrats!

I was really happy to see another beautiful butterfly set in the new catalog: this Floral Wings set!  It also coordinates with the Bold Butterfly Framelits Dies for more beautiful butterfly options!


I don't normally copy projects but this card immediately caught my eye in the July-August magazine for Stampin' Up! demonstrators, Stampin' Success.  I thought it was so gorgeous that I wanted to make one for myself so this is it.  I did change a couple of things, however (don't we always?! lol!)


I changed the wooden expression to the "Congrats" from the original which was "Thanks" and I used a different although  very similar washi tape.  This butterfly is two-step stamping, and it couldn't be easier than with photopolymer stamps!  The flowers stamped with Tangelo Twist here are all on one stamp and perfectly set up so that stamping is sooo easy!  Love that!  Both butterflies have coordinating framelits; the smaller Vellum butterfly on top gives a soft look, don't you think?


Behind the butterfly is one of the small Silver Metallic Foil Doilies (new in the Annual Catalog) which give some shine to the card.  Those long stems or vines are also a stamp in the set and I can see using them with other stamp sets also.

Stamps:  Floral Wings
Inks:  Mint Macaron, Tangelo Twist, Mossy Meadow
Paper:  Mint Macaron, Whisper White cardstocks; Vellum cardstock
Accessories:  Cherry On Top Washi Tape, Metallic Foil Doilies, Expressions Natural Elements, Bold Butterfly Framelits Dies, Big Shot, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

Hope you enjoyed!  I have just the person in mind to send this to!

Margaret

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...