Thursday, September 3, 2015

Celebrate Bohemian! CCMC371

Happy Thursday!!  It's time for another challenge from Create with Connie and Mary!  This coming week we have a fun sketch to use as a basis for our creating!



After an inventory of my current stamps and mulling over several ideas, I chose to use the Bohemian Borders set for my card.  I know the name says "Bohemian" but this set has a Native American look to me!  (which I really like, by the way!)


My card is rather clean and simple; the other ideas that I had seemed to make it too busy so stayed with the clean look:  Two rows of the diamond-shaped stamp in turquoise, centers of coral and a few diamond insets of saffron.  The banner is Calypso Coral anchoring the wood "Celebrate".  I believe this would make a great card for a guy. 


Stamps:  Bohemian Borders
Inks:  Tempting Turquoise, So Saffron, Calypso Coral; So Saffron Marker
Paper:  So Saffon, Whisper White, Calypso Coral.
Accessories:  Expressions Natural Elements, Paper Snips, Glue Dots, Dimensionals.

Here is sketch CCMC371 from Create with Connie and Mary for this week:

We would love to see what you create with this sketch!  You can see what the other Challenge Team members created by visiting the  Create with Connie and Mary's website!   Those girls can STAMP!!  

Thanks!  I appreciate you visiting my blog today!  Have fun stamping! 

Margaret

7 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Margaret you are so good at the native American Indian look - and today's card is no exception! I am embarrassed to say I bought this set on preorder and have never inked it up - your card has inspired me to rectify that this week! The pattern makes a great background for the wooden element as your focal point - and as you say, a perfect guy card!

Connie Babbert said...

What a great CAS card, love the Native American look, too! I struggled with what set to use, too! Great job with the sketch this week!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

I always think Native American when I see this set too. It looks awesome with the bright colors and wooden element. Love how you only did a few diamonds in So Saffron.

KathlynStamps said...

I love your work, Margaret. This card is terrific!

Chris Slogar said...

That was a smart choice for this sketch! I love this look - great colors!!

Penny Hanuszak said...

What a great stamp choice for your card Margaret and I like the wooden element for your sentiment. Great card!

Lisa Martz said...

Great card using the Bohemian images. Love the colors and the wood sentiment. Sorry I am late with my comment. Family health issues. Better late than never!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...